Friday, May 18, 2007

Wine.woot.com - awesome wines, super prices

If you are already familiar with Woot.com, you may have taken a peek at their wine website, wine.woot.com. It's a very similar set up - there is one deal offered at a great price, and when it's gone, it's gone. The big difference, of course, is that all of the wine.woot deals are wine. Another difference is that wine.woot offerings are changed once a week, so you have a week to buy the wine that's being offered.

I've purchased several of the wine offers from this site. I can easily say that I'm a bit of a wine snob, since I have a good friend who used to write for wine magazines and a modest cellar full of excellent wine. I didn't really expect to see wonderful wines coming out of a bargain site, but these are AWESOME. Of the dozen or so wines I've ordered from wine.woot, I've liked every one...and several have been absolutely dynamite. The main drawback (if you can call it that) is that some of the wines I really enjoyed turned out to cost $50-$75 a bottle at retail when I went looking for them. Still, this site is a wonderful way to get your hands on some superb wine from small, relatively unknown vineyards at ridiculously low prices. My friends always look forward to having me bring the wine these days because it's always different - and it's always good.

No comments: